I just realized that I haven't made any fanart to commemorate Kirby's 20th Anniversary. What better way to show Kirby's evolution than through all the final weapons that he's ever used.
Here they are, going counter-clockwise from the bottom:
1. Star Rod (Kirby's Adventure/Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland)
- Used in the final battle against Nightmare. This was the first final weapon in any Kirby game, for Kirby's Dreamland didn't have anything extraordinary, not even Copy Abilities. This weapon is unique because it's the only one to be featured beyond the Kirby games in both the SSB series and Hoshii no Kaibii.
2. Rainbow Sword (Kirby's Dreamland 2)
- Used in the true final battle against Dark Matter's two forms if all the Rainbow Drops are found. The sword was originally white, but if you play the game on a Super Game Boy, it's pink. This weapon is unique because it's the only one that cannot shoot projectiles, but rather deflect them.
3. Star Chariot/Starship (Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Star Ultra)
- The chariot is considered a final weapon because it's used to defeat Nova before reaching Marx in Milky Way Wishes, the last game in the original set. This weapon is unique because not only is it the only one that's a vehicle, but it also the only one that has a corresponding helper, called Starship. This helper is only available if there is a second player on that particular stage, which is why it is not included in Helper to Hero.
4. Love-Love Stick/Heart Rod (Kirby's Dreamland 3)
- Used in the true final battle against Dark Matter and Zero if all the Heart Stars are found. This is quite possibly the only final weapon that isn't very unique, for it functions the exact same way as the Star Rod and has a similar design.
5. Ribbon's Shard Gun (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
- Used in the true final battle against Zero Two if all the Crystal Shards are found. This weapon is unique for being the only gun as well as the only combo weapon, the combination being Ribbon and the Restored Crystal.
6. Master (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)
- Used in the final battle against Dark Mind. This weapon is unique because it gives Kirby most of Meta Knight's special sword abilities. It is also a possibility that this is a separate sword from Galaxia, which would make it the only other weapon Meta Knight's ever used in the game series.
7. Triple Star (Kirby: Squeak Squad)
- Used in the final battle against Dark Nebula. This weapon is unique because it's the only one that provides a barrier from enemy attacks, formed by the three stars floating around it.
8. Landia (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
- Although not considered a final weapon by the Kirby Wiki, I would like to think that Landia is one because of his/her/it's similar role to that of the Starship, in which it's used to defeat the Lor Starcutter before reaching Magalor and can include multiple players. This weapon is unique because it is the only "solely living" weapon, since Ribbon's Shard Gun is both a character and an inanimate object.
There are a couple of games in which there are items used to defeat final bosses, but I don't consider them as true final weapons due to the fact that they're available practically all the time instead of just towards the end of the game and maybe unlocked afterwards (like Master and Triple Star). However, I decided to include them anyways because I wanted to make a cool frame. :I
Rainbow Border -> Magic Paintbrush (Kirby: Canvas Curse) - Used in the final and only boss battle against Drawcia.
Metamortex Patches in Corners -> Tankbot (Kirby's Epic Yarn) - Used in the final battle against Mega Yin-Yarn.
If these two are added to the mix, that makes a total of 10 final weapons...and 10 is also the number of Kirby copies used in Kirby Mass Attack. How ironic.
God, this took a lot of work...but I'm finally done, so now I can go study Organic Chemistry and Statistics like I'm supposed to.
I also made another pic featuring all the final bosses of the main series.[link]